Uncover the Science Behind Things

Now that's Science!


  In March 23 of 2024, a group of wonderful individuals called "Wandering Minds" came into our school and showed us the wonders of science. They shared their knowledge about the Earth and the other planets in the galaxy and gave us an experience that we could never forget. That day was such a fun moment to remember and one to cherish with friends.


    The first activity we did was a simple discussion and demonstrations of incredible experiments done by scientists. I could remember the Dynamo Bike where in paddling the bike that was connected to a light bulb makes the bulb light up due to the energy caused by the wheel of the bike converting into electrical energy that causes the bulb to light up. It was such a magnificent thing to witness and I really wonder how could people invent something so awesome. The other thing I saw was the mini windmill connected to a bulb and turning the fans of the windmill causing the bulb to light up was also something worth the awe. But I could never forget the electric shock I felt when the students I was with held hands together and one of them held a small machine that generates electric shock and all of us felt the shock as we held hands. It was such a fun experience and one that gave me a good laugh. I could still feel the tiny shocks on my fingers.


The last activity we did was the one where we went into a big dome and a spherical projector was in the middle and showed us the sky and the stars. It was an experience I could never forget, interacting with the sky and being able to explore planets in a very realistic way was something I could never forget. I love how realistic it seemed that I almost forgot that I was still in Earth and not in those planets we ventured into.


Although there were fun experiments shown, the Dynamo Bike was the one I remember the most. It was such a genius invention and one that can help the world and its problems with converting electricity in the safest way. There is a device planted on the bike that converts the energy created by spinning the wheel of the bike into electricity that causes the connected light bulb to illuminate. I was in so much awe at how amazing it is and how it could benefit us and at the same time help the world. Imagine using this method to create electricity instead of using nuclear power plants, this could help us prolong the life of our precious Earth.



It was just a short experience but it left a memory worth remembering for long. As someone that likes to wonder a lot about how things work, this really enlightened me and showed me how science works. I could say that Science really is a wonder.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kakulangan ng mga Silid Aralan

MY INTRAMS JOURNAL

Gender Equality