FAMILY DAY: Fostering Family Ties Through Recreation and Sports


 Family Day is a school event that I look forward to the most. Not only will I have fun in that event, but also have fun with my family especially my parents who I rarely spend time with due to our busy schedules with work and school. Everyday, I would anticipate the day family day would come. It's the only day that me and my family would have fun without worrying about anything and for me, family time is something that I highly value. 


This year's family day would probably be my last as a junior high school student and I made sure to make the most of it. Before the day of the event, there were already activities where parents or guardians have to participate in and I witnessed the laughs, fun and high energy of the students cheering for their parents at every activities. An example would be the parents' basketball tournament. I could remember my classmates anticipating the dismissal of classes just to see their parents, siblings or guardians play basketball and see who would win. The screams and cheers are still lingering in my ear everytime a team scores and I could remember how I got goosebumps when the two teams keep on having close gaps between their scores. 

Another activity that I also enjoyed watching was the womens' volleyball and man were they chaotic! Screams and cheers from students cheering for their moms, aunts, sisters or guardian were echoing in the quadrangle. I was amazed at how these people could still play at their age but hey, age is just a number. Their energy were so high as if they were back to being young highschoolers again and it was a fun sight to witness. 

There was also this Mobile Legends tournament and it was so fun seeing the older generation playing with newer generation games. It somehow made them relate to their children playing online games and gave them a feel of how it is to be young again in this time. They may have white hair and wrinkled features but their hearts were still young and seeing them play with online games, amazed me. I don't even know how to play that game!

The day of the family day came and boy was it a blast! Wait! I have to tell you the preparation we did for that event! 

So, few days before family day, the faculty, PTA officers, and the Theater Arts Guild members made careful preparations. Being a TAG member myself, I witnessed how well the preparations were made the day before the event while we were practicing. They really made sure it was a memorable one and a fun experience for both the children and parents. Although our practices gave us muscle pains and bruised knees, it was all worth it. Performing in front many people gave me so much adrenaline that I forgot I had sore muscles. After our opening performance that felt so short, we felt like our hardships were worth it. 

But what I'm most excited about is how me and my family won the Family Got Talent. Ok, me and my family were chosen to be the representatives of the grade 10 and of course, the dancer that my dad is, he made careful preparations. Even mixed the music himself and created a choreography that he was confident would make the audience hyped up. He was right, the cheers were so deafening when we performed and I could say I loved very second of that time that we performed as a whole family. It was a memory carved in my brain that I would go back to.

On the day of the family day, we had fun games for the parents and the highlight of the event was the family got talent. I saw how different families of different levels showed off their talents and I was left in awe every single performance. At the end of the event, there was a disco time and I had a blast with my friends and classmates. Dancing in weird styles but all gave us good laughs and memories. 

When we came home after the tiring yet fun event, me and my family went to eat ice cream and reminisced every second of that event. We also celebrated our win in the family got talent.


 

I could say this year's family day was one I could never forget and will always remember whenever I have bad times. It really matched well with its theme fostering family ties through fun activities and made the family's bond stronger and sturdier than ever before.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kakulangan ng mga Silid Aralan

MY INTRAMS JOURNAL

Gender Equality